GOALS FOR 2013
60 x 40 cm Prismacolors on pastel board
This is the first of 2 paintings for an exhibition in my home town of Launceston to be held next May. The theme of my work is ‘natural healing’.
Having been an art teacher for 43 years I know the value of planning. I often makes lists, I have visual diaries and note books a plenty. It all helps ensure that each year I am productive and most importantly that I meet my set deadlines. Self-discipline is essential if one wants to achieve on a regular basis.
Lately I have been thinking about the kind of things that I would like to do and achieve next year.
1. My one-man show is in March is ready and next month I will be taking my work to my framer.
2. I aim to enter at least 9 art prizes.
3. Conduct some art workshops.
4. Develop my interest in oils and pastels.
5. Continue my love for abstract art in a distinctive style.
5. Undertake some graphite pencil drawing.
6. Write more about my art.
7. Art judging.
8. Challenge myself with coloured pencils.
9. Prepare for a one-man show in March 2014.
10. Further art adventures with my computer.
11. More photography.
12. More greeting cards and prints.
That should keep me busy!
A Happy New Year to everyone!