After drawing a number of cigarette butts, I thought of a landscape where butts ‘grew’, hence the title, Buttscape. I detest everything about cigarettes, especially what they do to people both actively and passively. Surprisingly, drawing these disgusting objects has been a lot easier than I expected. I don’t see them as they are, that’s the secret.
I also have an idea with beer cans and I will post an example soon.
MY ART GOALS FOR 2010 (in no particular order)
1. Examples of natural and man-made graffiti.
2. Exploring light and shadow, especially in still-life.
3. Drawings of architectural subjects.
4. Abstract work.
5. Seeing subjects in unusual (surreal) ways.
6. Religious imagery.
7. Re-develop my website.
8. Explore digital art further.
9. Write about my art more, especially in regards to the book I have started.
10. Have a balance of planned and spontaneous art.
11. Be flexible and change the direction of my work if I feel like it.
12. Keep blogging.
It will be interesting to see how i stick to my 10 goals. At least I have plenty of material to work from!
Tomorrow: The Glover Prize 2010.